Check It Out:
Hearth Matters, A Homeowner’s Guide to Chimney History and Practical Chimney Knowledge
written by Environmental Chimney Owner, Richie Baxley.
Join Our Growing Team: Exciting Opportunities Await!
We are hiring for various positions.
When We Think Of Calling A Chimney Sweep Company…
…we normally think about cozy evenings by the fire, along with getting our fireplace and heating systems prepared for cooler winter weather.
What we don’t think about are the environmental problems, including illnesses, that these chimneys can cause. These illnesses can be mild, but they can also be severe and even cause loss of life. It happens all the time from carbon monoxide and sulfur dioxide poisoning.
Environmental Chimney Service (Western North Carolina’s Leading Water Leak Experts), located between Asheville and Hendersonville, understands that the safety of your family includes protecting them from all potential dangers from fire and illnesses caused by not keeping your chimney appliance in top working condition.
What Are the Most Important Chimney Services for Home & Businesses?
- Chimney Inspections: Adhering to National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Code 211, we offer three levels of inspection. We also provide real estate inspections, which can protect you when purchasing or selling a new home.
- Chimney Cleanings: The best defense is often a great offense, and cleaning your chimney on an annual basis is a great offensive move when it comes to keeping harmful creosote deposits at bay.
- Chimney Repairs: Deterioration of the Flue. Deadly gases can find their way into your home through even the smallest cracks. Fortunately, most of the time, the problems of deteriorating wood, gas, or oil furnace flues can be corrected without completely rebuilding your chimney.
Our Repair Services
Upon every inspection, we will give you a detailed digital report on the structural integrity of your chimney, as well as the cleaning, repair, and maintenance services it may require to bring it up to code and make it operational.
Rely on us for the following chimney repair services:
- Chimney Leak Repairs
- Chimney Cap & Damper Installation
- Firebox Rebuilds
- Repairing/Resurfacing Chimney Liners (with HeatShield®)
- Fireplace Restoration
- Gas Sales & Service
Keep in mind – many chimneys venting gas or oil furnaces may appear to be in fine condition on the outside. But inside it could be a completely different situation. Yesterday’s chimneys were not designed for venting today’s more energy-efficient furnaces.
However, with continued maintenance, inspection, and repair, your home and loved ones can stay better protected for the long haul.
Call Today to Get Started
When a chimney has cracked flue tile, clearances to combustible materials are compromised. Sparks may possibly escape through, causing combustibles to ignite, which could lead to a house fire and even death. We urge every homeowner to have their chimney inspected on a regular basis to reduce their risk of experiencing fire hazards.